Niagara Connects offers a range of services that align with 3 Strategic Focus Areas:
Build community capacity to use Niagara-focused evidence (data, information, knowledge) to inform planning and decision-making
Facilitate coordinated community action to create the conditions for a more vibrant Niagara
Strengthen Niagara Connects as a value-add and sustainable enterprise in the Niagara-wide community
Niagara Connects Subscribers are organizations that invest in Niagara Connects services and annual Subscription. They receive customized Knowledge Broker support for opportunities to engage, share, contribute to, and benefit from Niagara Connects network activity.
Niagara Connects facilitates community engagement, research and knowledge exchange required to produce and share the Living in Niagara report, a triennial measure of quality of life across 12 Living in Niagara Sectors, which align with the Social Determinants of Health.
Niagara Knowledge Exchange is a tool to support evidence-informed planning, collective action and Niagara-wide innovations. It is a populated by people working with Niagara Connects Knowledge Brokers (KBs). The KBs connect people to people and people to resources. Each month on average, 800 people view 3,000 pages and 50 resources are uploaded to the NKE. Over 1200 people from 700 organizations and businesses receive weekly E-blasts, with links to new resources on the NKE.
The NKE provides people with:
- Real-time opportunities to exchange information
- A social space in which people can connect to share data, information, knowledge and resources
- Support for the learning needs of people seeking relevant, reliable Niagara-focused evidence and data for planning that drives community action
- Opportunities to stimulate, support, and share innovations in Niagara; and strengthen collaboration between diverse players
The Niagara Community Calendar is located on the NKE. The Calendar supports Niagara-wide sharing of events, community activities, and learning opportunities happening in and across the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors.
Niagara Connects provides Backbone Support to guide diverse players through important conversations, evidence-gathering, focused planning and decision-making that strengthens well-being and opportunities for people in Niagara.
- Facilitation and recording of processes and events
- Data gathering, recording, review, analysis and environmental scans
- Fostering of safe, trusted in-person and virtual social spaces to gather and leverage diverse players’ ideas about community assets, and evidence required to support planning
- Assistance with work planning and impact evaluation, for innovative socio-economic action
- Network-weaving and bridge-building among diverse community partner
- Network Mapping and Analysis, to visualize existing and potential connections between people and organizations. Analysis of these connections leads to identification of additional players that may wish to engage in strengthening the work at hand