Niagara Connects is facilitating the work of Niagara-wide citizens, agencies and Mental Health experts as they work together to build a Mental Health & Addictions Charter for Niagara. Through the leadership of Healthy Living Niagara, these citizens have expressed a desire to build a more person-centered system that can be navigated as a Niagara-wide continuum, from Mental Wellness Promotion, to Mental Illness Prevention and Mental Health Services.
On May 15, 2013, over 85 people working in the mental health & addictions sector attended a Niagara-wide forum at the Welland Community Wellness Complex, to:
- Learn about environmental scan research done to describe the mental health landscape in Niagara;
- Review and provide ideas about building blocks for a Niagara Mental Health and Addictions Charter; and
- Engage in the process of building the Charter.
Click here to download forum background documents:
- Highlights – The Mental Health Landscape in Niagara, April 2013 (4 pages, pdf)
- The Mental Health Landscape in Niagara, April 2013 – full Environmental Scan (81 pages, pdf)
Slides from the May 15, 2013 Forum are available here.
The Perth Charter for the Promotion of Mental Health and Wellbeing, referenced at the forum, is available for download here.
For more information about the Perth Charter, visit: www.perth2012.org