Niagara Connects (formerly Niagara Research and Planning Council) is a Niagara-wide network for collaboration, planning, learning, innovation and community action toward a stronger future for Niagara.
Niagara Connects has four core products that fast-track Niagara citizens’ search for relevant, reliable, Niagara-focused information to support evidence-informed decision-making. They are:
[dropcap]1.[/dropcap]Living in Niagara – reports and documents – such as the Living in Niagara report (2008, 2011), a regular measure of quality of life in Niagara’s communities, across 12 sectors that align with the social determinants of health.
[dropcap]2.[/dropcap]Niagara Knowledge Exchange – a tool that leverages the Niagara Connects network of citizens, and is enabled by:
- Knowledge Broker service to connect people to people and people to resources
- Real-time opportunities to exchange information
- An online platform that offers a social space in which Niagara citizens can connect to share data, information, knowledge and resources
The Niagara Knowledge Exchange:
- Supports the learning needs of people seeking relevant, reliable Niagara-focused evidence and data to enable planning that drives community action
- Stimulates, supports, and shares innovations in Niagara
- Builds and strengthens collaboration between diverse community partners and citizens of Niagara
[dropcap]3.[/dropcap]Niagara Community Calendar – an online tool that is part of the Niagara Knowledge Exchange, for Niagara-wide sharing of events, community activities, and learning opportunities.
[dropcap]4.[/dropcap]Linking Niagara: facilitating community projects – a service that enables focused planning and decision-making that strengthens well-being and opportunities for Niagara’s citizens. Our research team offers:
- Effective facilitation and recording of processes and events
- Data gathering, recording, review and analysis
- Event planning to gather and leverage diverse community members’ ideas about community assets, and gaps requiring further research
- Assistance with work planning for innovative community action and effective outcomes
- Environmental scans
- Network mapping and tracking, to build bridges and weave ties among diverse community partners
- Leadership in evidence-informed decision-making, based on relevant, reliable Niagara-focused knowledge